Technology at the Disability Center
The Law, Health Policy & Disability Center uses and studies technology, particularly related to employment and education for people with disabilities. The Center has implemented distance learning curricula in accessible formats, used accessible web design techniques for our own web site and for those of partners and funders.
Examples of the use, study, and implementation of information technology used by the Center include the following:
- Region VII CRP-RCEP Distance Learning Project
- IT Works which studies information technology-based employment of people with disabilities
- A partnership with the ADA Project: The Great Plains Disability Business and Technical Assistance Center which provides technical assistance, education and research involving education-based information technology.
- Technology for Independence: A Community-Based Resource Center
- Making video of Center symposia and conference presentations captioned and available on the web for general viewing. Below is a short demo of Kate Seelman's symposium presentation as a captioned QuickTime movie.